Quotes are powerful messages that are phrased in ways that inspire you into action, especially when you do not feel motivated to. Saving money is a type of investment that can help your finances. When you feel demotivated to save money or invest, these quotes will help you bounce off the ground.
What you do with these “saving money quotes” depends on you. You can decide to memorize them, print them on sticky paper to your fridge or calendar, or use them as wallpapers on your phone. But what I want is that these quotes inspire you to stay focused on saving and investing money. They could add significant value to your life today.
Inspiring Quotes About “Saving Money”
1. “A bargain ain’t a bargain unless it’s something you need.” – Sidney Carroll
This is a perfect reminder to those who bargain for anything that appeals to their eyes. A bargain is a great way to get the desired item at a satisfactory price but when it is something you don’t need, it is a waste and a direct conflict with money-saving.
2. “Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.” – Henry David Thoreau
Saving and investing money are keys to financial mastery but you must also remember that wealth is nothing unless it gives you the experience of the kind of life you want to live. Save for great projects and the likes, but you can also save for a vacation, some fun, and retirement too.
3. “Money looks better in the bank account than on your feet.” – Sophia Amoruso
This is a subtle reminder that saving money will have a more beautiful impact on your life than spending it on the latest styles, fashion accessories, etc. It is better to save wisely than to squander every money you have in your bosoms.
4. “It is never too early to encourage long-term savings.” – Ron Lewis
Considering several things to achieve first, you might want to delay saving till you have achieved a given financial milestone. Delaying saving, investing and wise spending will only delay how soon you achieve financial success. This quote is here to remind you that it is never too early to start long-term savings.
5. “By definition, saving – for anything – requires us to not get things now so that we can get bigger ones later.” – Jean Chatzky
Life is give and take. Saving is a sacrifice – give to get something bigger and better. This should encourage you to save money and invest a little more.
6. “Beware of little expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship.” – Benjamin Franklin
The most dangerous type of spending is those little expenses that look so small you don’t bother accounting for them. By the end of the day, they can sink into a great shop. This money-saving quote reminds you of the danger of compulsive buying to saving and money investment.
7. “When I was young I used to think that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old, I know it is.” – Oscar Wilde
If you know how important money is, you will know how badly you need to work to save it or get more of it. Saving money or investing it is one sure way to become financially buoyant.
8. “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren Buffett
What you are enjoying today is the result of what someone saved. You too can save someone else tomorrow by saving money today.
9. “Stop buying things you don’t need, to impress people you don’t even like.” – Suze Orman
Who is there to impress when it is more important to achieve your own goals? Investing in quality investments will pay off better than spending all you have on the latest commodities just to impress.
10. “A budget is telling your money where to go, instead of wondering where it went.” – John C. Maxwell
Money has got to be the most volatile object because it doesn’t wait for a second longer if you are not keen on saving it. The best way to control money is by telling it where to go before it has the chance to move. Your budget should also have an allocation for savings.
11. “It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.” – Eleanore Roosevelt
Are you still wishing to achieve something? You can achieve financial stability by beginning to save today. Instead of wishing you had saved for a new house, it is time to start saving now.
Also, all the thought-provoking quotes you have seen here and the rest you will see will not have any effect if you don’t deliberately put them to work. Stop wishing, start acting.
12. “Save one third, live on one-third, and give away one-third.” – Angelina Jolie
This money-saving quote summarizes how you should spend your money. Save a part, take care of your needs, and then give away the rest. Giving away means making donations, giving to people’s needs, and finally, giving for investments.
13. “Don’t tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I’ll tell you what you value.” – Joe Biden
A budget is a financial plan for the things you need. What you prioritize in your budget shows what you value. You don’t want to consistently spend money on frivolous purchases. It only means you value frivolities over more substantial investments and saving.
14. “Financial peace isn’t the acquisition of stuff. It’s learning to live on less than you make, so you can give money back and have money to invest. You can’t win until you do this.“ – Dave Ramsey
This money quote is similar to the one that says “you can only be rich by how you spend and not by what you earn”. You get more peace when you learn to live on less than you make. No words can be truer than this.
15. “Every time you borrow money, you’re robbing your future self.” – Nathan W. Morris
Borrowing would have been considered normal if there was no interest attached. Each time you borrow money, you rob your future self of the money you would use to pay the interest rates. When you adjust your life to live within your means and save money, you are also saving your future self from a potential deficit.
16. “Never spend your money before you have it.” – Thomas Jefferson
This is a financial mistake very many people make. Never spend your money before you have earned it or received it. I hope this will be the last time you’d hear this without repeating this mistake.
17. “The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” – Henry David Thoreau
You make the price too great when you worry your life over anything. Instead of draining your vitality over your finances, start adopting financial tips that can put you back on your feet. Saving, investing and budgeting are some financial tools you can begin adopting now.
18. “He who buys what he does not need, steals from himself.” – Swedish Proverb
When you buy what you don’t need, you waste your money on something that will destroy you in the long run. Many times, you like something you don’t need but if you buy things you don’t need, you steal from yourself the money you would have otherwise used for things you actually need. This saving money quote should guide you through your journey of stopping impulse buying.
19. “Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving.” – Warren Buffett
Show me your budget and I will tell you the things that matter to you the most. If saving matters to you, you will make priority room for it. The best way to be successful at accomplishing your saving goals is by adopting the saving-first approach.
20. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas A. Edison
One of the principal laws of investment is “never give up”. You may have tried several times to save and/or invest but all your efforts have always failed. In the words of Thomas Edison, you did not fail. You just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. When you make the efforts to try again, you succeed better than you could have in a thousand years.
Nobody is a saint when it comes to managing finances. Therefore, instead of focusing on what hasn’t worked, keep your mind on the lessons you have learned. Instead of getting depressed at your financial failures from yesterday, focus on how you can make today better by learning from your own mistakes.
Now that you have seen a couple of inspiring quotes about saving money, I hope these quotes inspire you to save more, invest more, and live your best financial life.
I am a medical doctor, a seasoned writer and passionate blogger. Thanks to many years of trials, failure, and near successes. I am the founder of Knowseeker and our content are geared towards enlightening and making you a better and happier audience.