Global Trends To Date
- Increasing wars: After the first world War between 1914-18, the second followed in 1939-45. These are the two largest wars in history but since then, many other wars and inter-people crises have been seen. Even intra-nation and intra-tribal wars have been witnessed too.The UN and Global Unions have fought to maintain peace and to prevent the emergence of a third world war. But all these efforts are at best, only sparingly effective. There have been a series of wars since then, some even unrecorded and overlooked. The cold war between the United States and the Soviet Union which lasted for over a decade was not based on arms and weapons but was waged on political, economic and propaganda fronts. It should be noted that many of such cold wars are currently ongoing today and the rest have maintained the conventional violent nature.
- Global warming and changing temperatures: No matter how much scientists stress the need to protect the environment from global warming, it just seems like an inevitable end. It's as though we are on the path to total environmental deterioration but we are just acting to slow down the rate at which we get there. But even with the warnings about global warming and other disastrous environmental phenomena, we still unavoidable and sometimes uncontrollably pollute the environment and make it worse.In a bid to advance technology, we indirectly introduce harm into the environment through fumes, aerosols, chemicals and dust, etc, and for now, our only hope is to stand fully for an ecofriendly, green environment devoid of dangerous pollutants. And again, this must be a concerted effort.
- Declining culture of love and peace: Nations who were at peace with each other are gradually drifting apart for political, economic and military reasons. Everyone wants to be seen as strongest, and instead of fostering the culture of love and peace, this is almost completely replaced by the culture of hate, rivalry, mistrust and competition. These things are obvious and they are everywhere around us.
- Political tyranny: Within the last decade, we have witnessed many anti-government protests. These protests included Black Lives Matter sparked by the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis, USA; the #ENDSARS protest in Nigeria against police brutality and government corruption; New Year Day 2020 protest in Hong Kong spurred by the desire of the people of Hong Kong for Democracy and fair trial for criminal suspects; #RunWithMaud, Juneteenth Protests, etc. Isn't it obvious where we are heading towards?But one important question we can ask ourselves is "can the world ever get better?". Let's see some answers to this question next.
Can The World Get Better
How To Make The World A Better Place
- Building the spirit of integrity
- Unity and oneness
- Upholding justice
- Protection our environment
- Religious tolerance
- Little kindness